Erika Kauffman | E-PR
Public Relations - Hawaii European Cinema
E-PR HI - (808) 779.5477
E-PR CA - (323) 521.9597
HAWAI`I EUROPEAN CINEMA (FORMERLY EUROCINEMA HAWAII)
ANNOUNCES NEW NAME AND FREE FILM SCREENINGS
IN ANTICIPATION OF ITS 6TH ANNUAL FILM FESTIVAL
~ OCTOBER 16-24, 2015 ~
“Hawaii's European Film Festival”
“Il faut faire aujourd’hui ce que tout le monde fera demain”
"Today we must do what everyone will do ” French Director Jean Cocteau
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Honolulu, HI (www.europeancinemahawaii.org)
“Over this past summer, staying true to our culture and traditions, the HEC board has come together in various parts of Europe to reflect on the past five years of our festival and to redefine the heart, mission and spirit of who we are. It is a new beginning for Hawai`i European Cinema Film Festival. With our new name, comes a clear commitment and mandate to continue premiering the most compelling European stories through film. Our values and vision are the same: to provide a cultural exchange between the people of Europe and Hawai'i through film and to providing financial support to Hawaii-based creative media students.” said Patrick Gey, President of the 2015 Hawai`i European Cinema Film Festival.
Independent. A New Name. The Same Vision. Renewed Partnerships:
In Spring of 2015, Hawai`i European Cinema collectively restructured to present itself as an independent film festival with a renewed commitment and passion to showcase Europe’s leading film titles in the heart of paradise. With shared vision, presenting sponsor, LUXURY ROW partnered with the coveted film house of CONSOLIDATED THEATRES at Ward Stadium and Kahala to be the screening home of the celebrated euro-impassioned festival.
Hawai`i European Cinema is also made possible by the loyal generosity and supporting sponsorship of Hawaii Tourism Authority, HI LUXURY, The Moana Surfrider - A Westin Resort & Spa, Hawaiian Airlines, Moët & Chandon, Southern Wine and Spirits, Christina Hassell, The Sunny DuPree Family Foundation, V.I.P Trans Hawaii, industry restaurants and chefs, and countless film enthusiast volunteers.
A New Community-Centric Screening Structure:
As part of the Hawai`i European Cinema Film Festival's mission to share the culture of Europe with the people of Hawaii, all screenings as part of the 2015 festival, will be scheduled on weekends only and will be offered complimentary as a celebration of community and the engagement of arts and culture through film. While tickets are complimentary, seats MUST be reserved at: http://hecff.gala-engine.com/
- FREE Films (http://hecff.gala-engine.com/
- Signature Red Carpet Gala Awards & Celebration:
- Closing Film with Honored Guest:
The Iconic Red Carpet of Waikiki and the Hawai`i European Cinema Awards Gala:
Inspired by the world's most prestigious red carpets and the spirit of the Croisette at the Cannes Film Festival, Hawai`i European Cinema, Hawaii's European Film Festival, will once again transform Waikiki's Kalakaua Avenue fronting the timeless and iconic entrance of the Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort and Spa. This iconic gala has become notarized as Hawaii's most anticipated, sophisticated and glamorous evening of the year. On Friday, October 23rd HEC will welcome royalty, dignitaries, celebrities, filmmakers, philanthropists, designers and the who's-who of Hawaii. The starry spotlight illuminates the Hawaii`i European Cinema Awards Gala, the quintessential celebration of fine wine, cuisine, culture and films - intertwined like a mesmerizing European story in paradise. The evening will be hosted by Mahealani Richardson and Ryan Kalei Tsuji.
Schedule of the Gala is as follows:
: Signature Red Carpet Arrivals & No-Host Foyer Champagne
: Cocktails, Paparazzi & Awards Program on the Diamond Lawn featuring cuisine by Azure, MW Restaurant, Stage, Taormina and Tiki’s Bar & Grill.
- 10:00p.m. – Midnight: party and sweet delights in the Grand Salon hosted by The Moana Surfrider
- Complimentary valet available.
Gala tickets are available for $150 per person at http://hecff.gala-engine.com/
The 6th annual Hawaii European Cinema Film Festival is led in collaboration by an executive committee, esteemed industry board members and honorable contracted consultants:
Executive Committee and Board Members:
- Patrick Gey: President
- Chris Lee: Vice President
- Kelly Sanders: Vice President & Director of Hospitality
- Carmen DiAmore-Siah: Treasurer and Secretary
- Princess Dialta Alliata di Montereale: Founder
- Jack Endo
- Guido Carlo Pigliasco, J.D., PH.D: Director of Foreign Affairs
- Wanda Watumull: Director of Promotions & Hospitality
- Aida Takla-O’Reilly (LA based): Director of National and Foreign Press Relations. She has been a member of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association since 1956, and has the distinction of having served as its President for four years.
- Erika Kauffman (LA based): Director of Public Relations
Film Festival Consultants:
- Neil Abercrombie, Former Governor of Hawaii
- Brent Anbe: Film Festival Director
- Maggie Mackay: Programming
- Andrea Galvin
- Peter Savasta
- Sam Bui
- Ajax Maharlika
- Kelsey Faamausili
Hawaii European Cinema, welcoming celebrities from around the world, features an array of premiere screenings highlighting European films and culminates in Honolulu’s most glamorous black tie party of the year. This year, the festival will present three awards in the following categories:
- “The Christina Hassell Lifetime Achievement Award”
- “The Sunny Dupree Family Foundation Production Scholarship” for film students of the Academy for Creative Media at University of Hawaii, Manoa.
- Princess Dialta Alliata di Montereale “Independent Filmmakers Award”
Hawaii European Cinema is honored to continue its elite partnership with loyal sponsors for the 2015 Film Festival:
Presenting Sponsor: Luxury Row
- HI LUXURY
- Hawaii Tourism Authority
- Consolidated Theatres at Ward Stadium and Kahala 8
- The Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Moet & Chandon
- Southern Wine and Spirits
- Christina Hassell
- Sunny DuPree Family Foundation
- V.I.P Trans Hawaii
About Hawaii European Cinema Film Festival
Founded and Incorporated as a 501c3 in 2009, Hawaii European Cinema is dedicated to cultural exchanges between the people of Europe and Hawai'i through film and to providing financial support to Hawaii-based creative media students. Our Hawaii European Cinema annually showcases the very latest and best films of Europe.
French director Jean Cocteau quotes, “Il faut faire aujourd’hui ce que tout le monde fera demain” - "Today we must do what everyone will do ”. It will be my mission this year to accomplish and pursue the development Hawaii European Cinema for what it must be .” said Patrick Gey, President of Hawaii European Cinema.
# # #